About Me

My photo
I'm a guy, i like music, i play video games...i think that's it...

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Screw Reality

I love fantasy. Books, Movies, TV shows, you name it. If it has some sort of mythical creature or something in it, i'll watch it. I don't know why i enjoy the genre so much, but then again i did grow up on Power Rangers and Dragonball Z, which probably didn't help.

Then there's the factor of the monotony of Reality, which Fantasy tends to break. To me, there's nothing better than forgetting life for an hour or two and diving into a new world filled with whatever your mind can dream of.

As i'm typing this, i'm also looking at my copy of Brisignr, the Third Book in the Inheritence Cycle (Which is the Eragon series just fyi), and i noticed that i haven't been bored yet while i'm reading it. It's amazing really. Every book has atleast one boring part you kinda struggle through, even Eragon had this and it took up a whole chapter. It was excrutiating really.

I have already read the Harry Potter Series, i'm still reading Lord of the Rings, i intend on finishing A Series of Unfortunate Events and the Charlie Bone/Children of the Red King Series sometime in the near future, but next (besides school and all) i want to focus on The Wheel of Time series of books. I've heard alot about these books and about how great of a series it is, even if each book is almost 900-1000 pages in length, and there being 13 in the series. (yikes...)

If you know me, i'm not sure if i come across as the reading type. Trust me, i most certainly am, and if it's a good book, good luck seeing me without it for awhile.

Feel free to suggest some to me,
Night all!!!

-Stash Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment