About Me

My photo
I'm a guy, i like music, i play video games...i think that's it...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Still Think Way Too Much At Night...

For the last few years i was convinced. Music is what i wanted to do, what i wanted to go to college to study, what i wanted to pursue a career in. Now...i'm not so sure. I don't know why, but all of a sudden it just seems to be going right over my head. I listen to pieces of music and realize i could probably never even start to write anything as layered or complex as even the simplest song.

I started taking an AP Music course this year, and it's the only class i'm concerned about. Music always seemed to come easy to me, then again, i've been playing percussion for the last 8 years of my life, which isn't exactly the most complex music to read. But now, learning the theory and why certain things sound the way they do...it's just overwhelming. I thought it was going to be a relatively difficult class, but it's just ridiculous. It seems as if everything we're learning is just going straight through my head without sticking to anything. I get a vague idea of where something goes and why it does, but i can't specify certain things.

It's times like these i wish i had taken up a second instrument a long time ago. Maybe then some of this stuff would make more sense. I have no idea if this post even made any sense but i needed to vent about this and noone is online at 4:45 in the morning, so this is going to have to do for now.

Till Next Time,
-Russ
(this post seemed a bit too serious to put my usual sign out here)

No comments:

Post a Comment