About Me

My photo
I'm a guy, i like music, i play video games...i think that's it...

Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm Not Sure...

What to do about all these new bands coming out these days. Two years ago, i would've loved them all, seeing as they all carry the similar "pop-punk" sound. But the thing i can't decide is this, are they good...or just catchy?

I remember in 8th grade, i was listening to Fall Out Boy (yes they did exist pre-Sugar We're Going Down) and i thought it was the best band ever. Well, next to blink-182, who remain my favorite to this day...But, Take This To Your Grave was an amazing album, but when i listen to it now, i just shake my head and wonder just what happened to such an amazing band.

So pop-punk, is it even justifiable anymore? Is there any talent or creativity left in it? Will it ever go back to the old ways? Well, New Found Glory has kept my hopes up, along with (+44), Say Anything and, surprisingly, Panic at the Disco. Let's hope these heroes can save the genre before its swallowed into nothingness and is forgotten...

That's all for now,
-Stash Out...

No comments:

Post a Comment